A simple AI workflow that saves me 30–60 mins/day (no fancy agents)

By Deen_jay · · 2 replies

I keep seeing “AI automation” pitched like you need 10 different tools, a bunch of agents, and a complicated setup. In reality, you don’t.

Here’s a simple workflow I’ve been using that actually sticks:

1) Daily capture (5 minutes) I dump everything into one place: tasks, ideas, customer messages, and random notes. I just use a single running doc/notes app (doesn’t matter which).

2) Turn it into an action plan with AI (2 minutes) I paste the dump and ask things like:

“Group these into urgent / important / nice-to-have.”

“Turn this into a 3-item priority list for today.”

“Write the first message/email I should send.”

3) Use AI for repeatable business writing (10 minutes) Anything I do more than once goes into a template:

customer replies

quote/invoice explanations

follow-ups

FAQs

When I get a good output, I save the prompt + response. Next time it’s just copy, paste, and tweak.

4) Weekly ‘CEO review’ (15 minutes) Once a week I paste:

what I shipped

what went wrong

what made money (and what didn’t)

what I’m avoiding

Then I ask:

“What’s the biggest bottleneck here?”

“What should I stop doing?”

“What’s the highest ROI next step?”

It’s not “automation porn” - it just cuts decision fatigue and saves a lot of writing time.

If anyone wants, I can share the exact prompt format I use for the daily plan and the weekly review.

Editing your thread.
Reply
Add images Up to 2 images, 3MB each.
0/2
You must be signed in to reply.
Replies

Gemma_Acheampong

This is honestly the kind of AI usage that makes the most sense to me.A lot of people are chasing super complicated automation systems when most of the real value comes from saving small chunks of time consistently every day. Even reducing decision fatigue is a huge win.That weekly “CEO review” idea is actually smart too. Most people are so busy doing work they never stop to properly review what is actually working and what is wasting time.

Dragonball

This is the kind of AI workflow that actually makes sense.A lot of people overcomplicate it chasing the “fully automated business” idea, but most of the real value comes from reducing friction in the boring daily stuff. Capturing everything fast, turning it into priorities, and reusing good prompts/templates is way more sustainable than juggling a stack of tools you barely maintain.That weekly review part is probably the strongest bit too. A lot of people use AI to generate more, but not enough use it to step back and spot what’s wasting time or blocking progress. That’s where it actually becomes useful instead of just entertaining.

Related discussions

Popular in this category